iRobot Roomba name is king in the world of robot vacuums. The iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets is a sophisticated and efficient cleaner. But is this product ideal for you? In this review, we provide you with some of the important features that make this product one of the best.
The product introduction
The iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets is specifically designed to handle fibers such as lint, pet fur, hair and carpet fuzz. This product which is among the latest in the iRobot’s fleet is also designed for people with overwhelming dust and dirt in their homes. It boasts a patented 3 stage cleaning system known as the AeroVac Technology. Due to this technology, the robot cleaner has better airflow and therefore you will only clean it out after several cleanings.
The product also features the iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology which allows it to know exactly where it should roam. This feature also enables the cleaner to sniff out the dirtiest areas. You will also be able to preset the cleaner’s cleaning schedules up to 7 times in a week.
Most users love the iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets’ ability to effectively clean dust and dirt from hard floors such as tile and hardwood floors. It is also efficient in picking up pet hairs and after the cleaning; emptying the dust bin is easier and faster.
The following are some of the product’s top pros:
- Easier to use
- Pet hair pickup
- Better performance on carpets and hard floors
- Easier cleaning
- Longer battery life
Just like with other robot vacuums, there are users who report that the product has a tendency of getting lost in some places around the house or getting stuck under bulky furniture pieces and finding it and getting it back on track can be a hide and seek game. Moreover, the vacuum cleaner is relatively noisier while it’s cleaning – therefore if you don’t control it manually, you will surely hear it when at work. Overall, some of the most reported drawbacks of this product include:
- Poor navigation
- Higher noise level when in operation
- A tendency to get stuck
The product features and specifications
- This product features a 3-cleaning system. The cleaning robot has a spinning side brush which cleans along the wall edges while the counter rotating brushes pick up dust, dirt, pet hair and debris from the floor. It has an efficient vacuum cleaner which pulls pet hair and dirt off the Roomba’s brushes into its bins.
- The other essential feature of this cleaning robot is the AeroVac Technology. This optimized airflow technology pulls off hair from the robot’s brushes and guides it to the AeroVac’s bin’s back. This allows the bin to fill more evenly and as a result, you will need to empty it less often.
- The robot cleaner has improved brush design and it has optimized airflow which means that it will pull more hair off its brushes. As a result the Roomba will clean for a longer time and will provide more thorough cleaning.
- Another important feature of this Roomba is the Dirt Detect feature which uses acoustic sensor. This sensor allows the vacuum cleaner to identify the dirtier areas and therefore it spends more time cleaning them.
- On board scheduling is another feature in this vacuum cleaner. It allows you to preset the vacuum cleaner up to 7 times in a week. With the settings, the Roomba will clean your home when it is more convenient.
- The Roomba avoids stairs and any other drop-offs.
- The manufacturer: iRobot
- The manufacturer reference:R650020
- Product Dimensions: 13.4”x3.6”x13.4”
- The product’s weight: 12.05 pounds
- ASIN: BOO8LX60C6
How to use the product
Inside the box, this Roomba comes with an additional filter – they recommend that you should replace the filter after every 2 months. It also comes with a little pick which should help you clean the vacuum’s brushes when need arises, auto virtual wall device and charging options. The company recommends charging of this unit overnight before its first use. The company also recommends that you should keep charging the unit when it is not in use – this is a good idea since you never know when messes will appear in your home.
The product has two charging options. It has a small home base where it likes nestling into and which plugs into the wall through a detachable power chord. You can also choose to eliminate the middleman and plug the cleaner directly into the wall using the cable. The clean button status will notify you when the cleaner is ready to roll – whenever you see a solid green light, you should be ready to go.
However, the Roomba doesn’t work alone. Inside its box, you will find a little piece which is similar to a flask – this is the Auto Virtual Wall device. When turned on, this virtual device creates an invisible barrier which the Roomba won’t cross. By using the virtual wall, the Roomba won’t bother your dogs and also prevents it from falling off stairs and prevents it from bumping into your plants. To use the Virtual wall you will need two C batteries. Turn it on before you begin a cleaning session.
The cleaner provides cleaning cycles and schedules and therefore it will clean including when you are not at home. And because it can be caught on curtains and furniture pieces, it is important you clear the clutter on your floor. All the controls and the clock are situated on top of this product and programming them is easier. To clean, you should place the Roomba at the middle of your floor and press the clean button. With the set-it and forget-it operation, you will be able to clean larger areas.
The product has a higher overall rating from many users on Amazon. Compared to other vacuum cleaners, this product is relatively cheaper. If you are a first time irobot vacuum buyer, you should try this product. Its navigation gets off track at times but finding a robot cleaner that won’t is hard. Overall, this product is a perfect entry point into the high tech cleaners’ world. If you are a homeowner with pets or large hardwood floors areas you will benefit from the product.