Very few of us will relish vacuuming the house. We want to sit back and play our laptop games, but still expect our houses to be neat. If you are this kind of a person, then shopping for the best iRobot Roomba cleaner is a viable idea. Being a cleaner that cuts short on the cleaning process, it allows you to do other things. These vacuum cleaners have dominated the market since their introduction offering efficient service like never before. A large number of Best iRobot Roomba reviews online indicate the enormous transformation of house cleaning thanks these vacuums. Here, we take a clear look to make you understand better why they have taken the industry by storm.
What is iRobot Roomba?
The iRobot Roomba is a modern innovation of best vacuum cleaners that can work on their own. As the name suggest, this machine has been programmed with sensors that enable it to clean floors and carpets without a person pushing it around. It is a basically a robotic vacuum cleaner. It has features to allow you to program or present cleaning schedules. Powered by rechargeable batteries, you won’t need to have cables running around your house. Its compactness makes it possible to get around different corners of the houses with less hindrances. It has programmable features that allow you to set or schedule cleaning sessions. You can even present it to clean for up to seven days at particular times of the day. Don’t tell me you won’t need such a machine in your house.
Why do you need it?
If you can buy one, then surely getting the best iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner is worth it. It really does a fantastic job to get rid of dirt and debris on your floors. It is much more than just a toy. Buying it doesn’t mean that you will not have to do some cleaning of the floor. Of course you will need a human-operated type to do the complicate tasks after a week or two. The good thing with bot cleaners is that they can help daily reduce light dust and dirt from your floors. The iRobot Roomba vacuums are as good as most of the cordless vacuum cleaners.
- Frequent cleaning – there are those times when you just keep postponing the cleaning process until that day when your floors are really a big mess. With robot cleaners, there is no procrastination. Getting an irobot that runs for nearly an hour every day during the week to get rid of dust can be quite viable.
- Work on a wide range of surfaces – The best iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners work well on a wide variety of floor including tile, hardwood, short carpet and even medium-pile carpet. You can thus trust it to undertake light floor cleaning till that day when you are ready to clean hidden areas of the house.
- Quick to use – you rarely have to worry about operating it as is the case with other best vacuum cleaners in the market. It is as simple as clicking a button and the process of tidying up your house begins. It doesn’t need you to control it with a remote as its sensors enables it to get around the house on its own.
How iRobot Roomba works?
The initial stage of cleaning with this machine after switching it on is not that complicated. It basically starts to agitate debris embedded on the floor sucking them in. It is made with a brush on the side to clean surrounding walls while another brush under it rotates getting in dirt from the floors. Its powerful airflow ensures that all dirt has been sucked in from the floor. After that, it fills the dustbin effectively beginning from the back to the front enabling it hold more gunk. The design come with an AeroVac filter that lets in the dirt of certain sizes to avoid causing harm to its tanks. To guide it around the house, the model is fitted with sensors that check to locate walls and cleaning area.
All you need to do is ensure that the iRobot Roomba Vacuum cleaner is fully charged and maintained for longer lasting efficient service. When it notices the battery is low, it goes back to its base by itself. The additional good thing is that it also has rubber bumpers on the sides to prevent marking your walls and furniture whenever it get in contact with them while cleaning. Though most models weigh around pounds, the power with which it cleans is enormous. Such efficiency has drawn comparisons with the Neato vacuum Cleaner.
IRobot vs. Neato: Which is the best robot vacuum?
The two draw close comparisons from potential buyers who are confused on which the best robotic suited for the job. Well that depends on the type of work expected. The Neato bot is widely known pull lots of plush from deep carpets and rugs. It is the perfect machine to cover bigger spaces must be clear with no obstacles. It will need that you remove some furniture from its way to have perfect results. When compared the iRobot Roomba, this machine works better on fuller flows.
However, the Roomba outshines Neato when it comes to covering larger spaces on most tiles and wood floors. Its power enables it work longer leaving floors clean. If your floor are always littered with obstacles such as socks, furniture and shoes, then opting for Roomba will be a wise idea. Its sensors enable it to get around obstacles easier and faster. You should be worried with this product if you intend to use it dark or black carpets. This is because it tends to move around dark spaces instead of going over them. In that case, going for Neato will be perfect. All in all, many iRobot Roomba Vacuum cleaner reviews indicate that it is still by far a better product.
Robotic vacuum cleaners are small but are more powerful and are usually fitted with sensors to enable them avoid obstacles and navigate properly. You can also program them to vacuum clean your home when you are away or possibly doing something else. They are available in different capabilities and sold at different prices. They are ideal for individuals with inadequate time. These cleaners have also become very common due to their small size, which means that they don't occupy a lot of space in the house. Despite being small, they are powerful cleaners you can get in the market today. This ensure that they perform their work efficiently, which quite visible when you finish cleaning your carpet. These cleaners are definitely a value for your money. The following are some of the best iRobot Roomba-vacuum cleaning robots reviews.
Top 10 Best irobot roomba on the 2017 market
|iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches ; 12.9 pounds|
|iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches ; 8.4 pounds|
|iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: black, grey||Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches ; 11.8 pounds|
|iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 3.4 x 13.9 inches ; 14 pounds|
|iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches ; 15.2 pounds|
|iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 3.4 x 13.9 inches|
|iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: Black||Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches ; 12.1 pounds|
|Irobot Roomba 620 Vacuum||Shipping: Free!||Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)||Color: black, grey||Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches ; 11.6 pounds|
1. iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
Roomba 980 is a product that delivers the power you need in vacuuming and you can therefore concentrate more on your other duties. Its smart navigation will allow it to clean your home while recharging as necessary until it complete the entire job. To conveniently clean and schedule at any time and from any place, you should use the iRobot HOME app. This powerful AeroForce Cleaning System with Carpet Boost can automatically provide around 10x air power on rugs and carpets where dust and dirt hide. You can use it on any floor type. The robot which is 3.6 inches tall can fit under many kickboards, beds and other
types of furniture.
The product features and specifications
- . iAdapt 2.0 Navigation which features Visual Localisation enables Roomba 980 to clean and navigate your entire home.
- . This Vacuuming Robot automatically recharges and then resumes cleaning to perfectly clean your home level.
- . iRobot HOME App allows you to clean, to schedule and to set custom cleaning preferences using your Smartphone.
- . AeroForce Cleaning System and the Carpet Boost automatically offer up to 10x airpower on rugs and carpets.
- . Tangle free extractors which prevent debris and hair jams.
- . Product dimensions: 13.9 inches x 139.9 inches x 3.6 inches; 12.9 pounds.
- . Shipping weight: 15.05 pounds
- . Nice variable speed.
- Roomba 980 tells you what to do depending on the sounds it produces.
- . Has a great app which shows the history, the current status and videos to show you the maintenance tasks and how to do them.
- . It gets stuck often. And in such moments the speaker stops.
2. iRobot Roomba 880 Cleaning Robot for the Pets and Allergies
With iRobot Roomba 880, you will be able to clean your rooms deeply each and every day. The vacuum cleaner feature revolutionary Aero-Force Cleaning System which enables it to deliver up to 5x air power. Additionally, it requires less maintenance. The guided room to room cleaning allows the cleaner to clean most of your home in a single cleaning.
The products features
- . iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation which uses a set of sensors to navigate and to adapt to the changes in your home.
- . With its Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons, Roomba 880 can clean up to three rooms when doing room to room cleaning.
- . AeroForce 3 stage cleaning system offers additional 50% cleaning performance.
- . Its tangle free extractors help in preventing debris and hair clogs.
- . HEPA style Filter traps dust, allergens and dirt that are small as 1 micron.
- . Its dimensions: 13.9” x 13.9” x 3.6”; 8.4 pounds.
- . Its shipping weight: 14.4 pounds
- . Roomba 880 in excellent in cleaning carpets
- . It hangs on objects less often
- . It can do 1000 square foot carpeted floors without any recharging
3. iRobot Roomba 870 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets and Allergies
With Roomba 870, you will experience cleaner environment each and every day. It boasts the revolutionary Aero-Force Cleaning System which allows it to deliver up to 6x air power and it also requires less maintenance compared to many other vacuum cleaners.
Just like the other models, Roomba 870 can find its charging base and also recharge when need arises. The robot has ability to sense the level of dirt in its dustbin and if it needs emptying it turns on a red warning light. However, the robot won’t stop at full dustbin.
Its features and specifications
- . Its iAdapt Navigation utilizes a full set of sensors which allows it to navigate and to adapt your changing home.
- . Its AeroForce 3 stage cleaning force can deliver additional 50% cleaning performance.
- . It has tangle free extractors which prevent debris and hair clogs.
- . Its Hepa Style Filters are able to trap dust, dirt and allergens of up to 1 micron.
- . You can just press the clean button on the robot or even schedule up to 7 times in a week.
Pros and cons
- Higher suction power.
- Lower maintenance; mainly because no hair stuck on the brushes.
- Can detect many types of floors including carpet, laminate and tile and operates accordingly..
- It’s good at detecting soft obstacles like curtains which it passes through and hard obstacles like walls and doesn’t bump hard onto them.
- It can easily detect and climb over small obstacles.
- Longer battery power.
- Won’t stop when the dustbin is full.
4. iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets and Allergies
The Roomba 780 cleaning robot is thorough, quiet, and convenient and can get into the hard to reach areas when cleaning. It properly picks animal dander, dust and dirt. It also easily detects walls and slows down before gently bumping onto them and changing the direction.
The product features and specifications
- It uses new and advanced cleaning head that provides superior performance when picking up dust, pet hair and dirt.
- Dual HEPA filters which traps allergens, dust and any tiny particles and therefore leaves behind cleaner and fresher air.
- It has Virtual wall Lighthouses which enhances room to room navigation.
- You can also schedule this robot to perform seven cleaning sessions per every week including when you are not at home.
- It boasts sophisticated power management software and the result is 50% more battery life compared with the previous Roomba generations.
- Its dimensions: 13.9” x 13.9” x 3.4”.
- Shipping weight: 12.9 pounds.
5. iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets and Allergies
Keeping a home spick and span is the want of every home owner though this might not be possible always especially in hard to reach areas which might not be touched in the long run. These areas tend to get neglected and may stay in that state for a while obviously impacting the environment negatively. Pet hairs and other kind of debris also need to be cleaned which might be a difficult task is you lack the proper tools to handle such a task.
The iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies is what you need to handle tasks of this nature. The advantage with it is that it can get to clean areas that you would hardly reach if you were doing the cleaning yourself. The operation is as easy as a button and the task gets underway.
6. iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets
Roomba 650 is one of the cleaning robots in the market that you should consider. It allows you to schedule your cleaning up to seven times in a weak or even press the clean button when need arises. To easily adapt and navigate your changing home, the robot has iAdapt Navigation. Furthermore, this product has 3-stage Cleaning System which brushes and agitates your floors of any kind clean. You will not need to set aside some time to charge this robot since it docks and recharges automatically when need arises. It is able to avoid all stairs and drop offs and therefore you wont experience any damages.
Product features and specifications
- .With this product you can conveniently schedule up to seven times per every weak or even press the CLEAN button on the robot.
- iAdapt Navigation utilizes a full set of sensors to adapt and navigate the changing home.
- It has 3-Stage Cleaning System which agitates suctions and brushes your floors clean.
- This robot docks and recharges automatically.
- It is able to avoid stairs and any other drop-offs.
- Product dimensions:13.4” x3.6” x 13.4”; 11.8 pounds.
- Its shipping weight:12.05 pounds.
7. iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets
With Roomba-630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for the Pets, you will get thorough cleaning and use minimal effort. Its compact Home Base allows it to dock and also recharge automatically while vacuuming or anytime the battery runs low. It filters trap pollen, dust and tiny particles inside its bin and can clean your entire floor including the areas under and around your furniture and along the edges of your walls. It boasts spinning side brushes which makes it more efficient when cleaning edges.
Its features and dimensions
- It filters traps pollen, dust and tiny particles.
- Can clean areas you don’t see including under your furniture.
- It has side spinning brushes which makes it more efficient when cleaning edges.
- Its dimensions: 13.4” x 3.6”; its weight: 8.3 pounds.
- Shipping weight 12.1 pounds
8. iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum
This one features among the top first of all because it will cost you less than £500 to get one. You will not need to move anything from one point to another since it is compact and can reach the most intricate of places. To improve its effectiveness, it comes with AeroVac Technology which makes picks fine particles much easier.
Irobot Roomba 620 Vacuum
Dirt Detect Technology is also part of what it is composed of which enables it to dedicate more time to those areas that have more dirt to get the best results. You will not need to worry about the items it comes into contact with because no harm will be caused to them owing to the soft bumper attached to it. It is easy to carry from one point to another with the handle attached to it and with its iAdapt responsive technology it can adjust easily to the environment it is put in.
9. iRobot Braava 380T Floor Mopping Robot
iRobot Braava 380T Floor Mopping Robot is one of the most effective robots. It easily collects pet hair and does not bother your pets when cleaning thanks to its whisper quiet operation. It features a rechargeable battery which can last for 3 hours on the sweep mode and 2 hours when wet mopping. This robot uses its go-Braava Smart sensors to identify the areas it has to avoid. Such areas include stairs, area rugs and any raised transitions to carpets. The robot cleans wall edges perfectly due to its Edge technology which lets it to properly clean around chair legs, along walls and edges and any other obstacles inside your home. The robot which sweeps and mops hard surfaces operates quietly and has a compact shape.
- Its rechargeable battery can last for up to 3 hours when dry sweeping or up to 2 hours when wet mopping.
- The robot knows the areas to avoid thanks to the go-Braava’s smart sensors. It can avoid area rugs, stairs and any elevated transitions to carpets.
- The robot is more effective when picking pet hair and its whisper quiet operation won’t bother your pets.
- The robot properly cleans wall edges: its Perfect Edge technology allows it to clean along edges and walls, around chair legs and other obstacles to ensure that your home is completely clean.
- It has a compact shape and operates quietly.
- It mops and sweeps hard surface flops using both the mop and sweep mode.
- Its dimensions: 9.6” x8.5” x3.1”.
- Its shipping weight: 8.4 pounds.
10. iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver
iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot cleans routinely and therefore you will never spend any time cleaning your home. It offers the most recent innovations from iRobot and therefore it’s more efficient. It’s also able to clean any part of your home.
Product features and specifications
- The robot is able to pick debris and dirt with a single touch of a button.
- Its easy to empty bagless dustbin and fine filtration systems effectively traps allergens.
- It features anti-tangle technology, gentle-touch bumper system and built in cliff sensors.
- The robot has a self charging home base, extra filter, 2-auto virtual walls and some other added features.
- It measures 16 inches x 21 inches x 5 inches.
- It comes with 1 year limited warranty.
Why you should choose the robots
- Saves time
In today’s world, time is valuable and many families consist of working parents and children. In such families, cleaning becomes time consuming and a more exhaustive task especially in the larger homes. Robotic vacuum cleaner does all the work by them and requires no supervision. By investing in one of the machines you will save yourself lots of time and more effort.
- They are ideal for people with mobility issues
People living with disabilities or even mobility problems can adopt robotic vacuum cleaners as a great alternative to the inexpensive housekeeping services. They can set the machine to clean as often as they need. The machines also require minimal maintenance.
- Advanced features
The vacuum cleaners have many added features which allow you to achieve better clean. Some of these features include larger dust bags which can last for many cleaning sessions, advanced sensors which can effectively detect changes on the floor and ability to transition between carpets and bare floors.
- Detects any changes on surfaces
Robotic vacuum cleaners detect any changes on the surface underneath and therefore adjusts their settings accordingly. They also detect stairs and walls and automatically turn around whenever they come across one.
- Have options for automatic recharge
After the robot has completed its cleaning task, it goes back to its docking station and when its battery falls below a certain level, it automatically recharges itself.
- Their virtual walls allows you to set boundaries
You can easily set a virtual wall for your robotic vacuum cleaner. This wall acts as the boundary which your machine won’t cross. It is important you prevent your robot vacuum cleaner from going across openings and doorways.
- .Detects amount of dirt in different floor spaces
Most robotic cleaners have advanced sensors which detect the amount of cleaning needed in different spaces. The machine lingers on and can repeatedly clean a surface until it is entirely clean.
- You will be able to clean your home including when you are away
When outside your home or working, you may put your machine on to work.
- Minimal maintenance
If treated properly, the robotic cleaner will last for a very long time.